In the meantime studying Finnish grammar has become my daily routine. More than that, Finnish has become the background of my daily life. I study the language both at home and at work. I've changed the interfaces of all my gadgets to Finnish. I listen to podcasts in Finnish on my way to work. And I study grammar, of course.
I use the book Opi puhumaan suomea or Learn to speak Finnish. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything of the sort in English.
What do I like about this book? Almost everything. There is a short dialogue or a text in the beginning of each lesson. The student is expected to notice the new grammatical structure and figure out its meaning. After that you read an explanation which is followed by examples. The book is created the way that every new theme overlaps the preceding one so you are constantly reminded of what you have already learned. I like this approach.
What do I not like about the book? There's no keys to exercises. For me, it's very important to correct myself after doing the exercises so that I know my errors. Knowing your errors is crucial because this way you know what to work on... So I decided to skip the exercises and for now use this book as a source of grammar and vocabulary only.
I also found a very good book for the beginners. Lessons on Finnish Grammar in English by Heikura Vuokko. The book is written from the first person's point of view and the author tries to guide you through the labyrinth of the Finnish grammar.
Very useful! It's on the net so if you google hard enough you can find this book in digital formats. I'd highly recommend it to be your very first Finnish grammar book.
I use the book Opi puhumaan suomea or Learn to speak Finnish. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything of the sort in English.
What do I like about this book? Almost everything. There is a short dialogue or a text in the beginning of each lesson. The student is expected to notice the new grammatical structure and figure out its meaning. After that you read an explanation which is followed by examples. The book is created the way that every new theme overlaps the preceding one so you are constantly reminded of what you have already learned. I like this approach.
What do I not like about the book? There's no keys to exercises. For me, it's very important to correct myself after doing the exercises so that I know my errors. Knowing your errors is crucial because this way you know what to work on... So I decided to skip the exercises and for now use this book as a source of grammar and vocabulary only.
I also found a very good book for the beginners. Lessons on Finnish Grammar in English by Heikura Vuokko. The book is written from the first person's point of view and the author tries to guide you through the labyrinth of the Finnish grammar.
Very useful! It's on the net so if you google hard enough you can find this book in digital formats. I'd highly recommend it to be your very first Finnish grammar book.

Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий