воскресенье, 19 февраля 2017 г.

It gets comlicated

As I mentioned in my earlier posts, when I start to learn a new language, I like to familiarize myself with the grammar of the language in question, to skim through it quickly so that I could keep track of where I am in the journey of learning this language. Well, I finished my first grammar book today. I spent on it almost 4 months - a bit longer than I originally planned (a couple of weeks or a month). It's worth mentioning that I skipped the exercises and concentrated on examples and new vocabulary only. In the last chapters of the book I also skipped everything but explanations, because the texts became too advanced and words too complicated.

What can I say? The advanced Finnish is really hard BUT manageable. Just a month or two ago I thought I would never understand the usage of translative (-ksi), because it was impossible to bend my mind in such a curvature to comprehend that concept. When I listen to podcasts now, sometimes I think that Finns were very clever to come up with such a concept that allows to convey so much of info in just a tiny -ksi. And everything makes perfect sense. And everything just sucks in naturally. I believe it will be the same with the advanced Finnish.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий